Enjoy all the seasons at
The doors of Camp Massawippi are open all year long to campers who want to continue their camp experience with us “throughout the seasons”.
It is also the perfect opportunity for new campers to come and discover the site and the staff of Camp Massawippi prior to registering for a Summer session.
A limited number of places are available. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. If we are unable to confirm your session choice, please contact us to add your name to the waitlist.
Fall – Winter – Spring
Ayer’s Cliff, QC J0B 1C0
6 – 30 years
Camp Massawippi (Ayer’s Cliff site) offers themed respite weekends, from Friday 7 p.m. to Sunday 4 p.m.
We also offer respite for March break, from Monday 9 a.m. to Friday 4 p.m.
Accommodation, meals and activities are all included. A snack will be served on Friday evening.
Staff/camper ratio: 1:1, 1:2, or 1:3 depending on the individual needs.
A nurse is on site 24/7 to administer medication and assist campers with their special needs
Adapted bus available round trip from Montreal ($)
The following eligibility criteria apply to all applicants to Camp Massawippi’s programs.
- New campers must be aged 6 to 30 years old (as of the first day of camp) to attend the overnight Summer Camp and Respite Camp in Ayer’s Cliff.
- Campers must be aged 5 to 25 years old (as of the first day of camp) to attend the Day Camp in Montreal.
- Have a primary diagnosis of a physical disability, including motor, hearing, or visual impairments (see exclusions below).
- New campers must undergo an admissions assessment with the Nurse and/or Camp Leader.
- Have no recurring history of problems with respiration, swallowing, or choking.
- Have been in a stable medical condition for at least 3 months.
- Not have any sores that may worsen during his/her stay at camp.
- Have the physical and mental stamina to participate in a recreational program.
- Have a communication system (verbal, augmentative or signing) that allows for effective peer and staff interaction.
- Have the ability to communicate a consistent yes and no (verbal or non-verbal).
- Be able to comprehend their own needs and indicate when they are in distress.
- Be able to receive assistance with activities of daily living (i.e., eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, continence, etc.) from more than one caregiver.
- Have a desire to participate in the daily activities of camp.
- Be able to enjoy group meals in the dining hall without being disruptive to others (Ayer’s Cliff location only).
- Be able to sleep in a cabin with a group of campers without being disruptive to others (Ayer’s Cliff location only).
Eligibility is not extended to applicants with a primary diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD), obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), or other mental health issues.
Applicants who exhibit inappropriate behavioral tendencies that would represent a danger to themselves or others (i.e. conduct disorders, oppositional behaviors, aggressive behaviors) or a pre-identified suicidal risk.
The Ayer’s Cliff location has increased risk associated with it in comparison to home or school. The Camp’s nursing facilities are limited and being remotely located, response times for emergency services, ambulance, etc. may be prolonged.
Camp Massawippi reserves the right to deny any camper admission into the camp program who does not meet the criteria OR for whom it cannot be established that their needs will be safely met, AND deny admission to any camper whose medical, physical, or behavioral condition upon arrival at camp is significantly different to that which was disclosed in the application forms or was advised in writing, prior to camp.
Camp Massawippi also has the right and duty to rescind an acceptance or to return a camper home early due to health, medical or behavioral reasons.
$300 / weekend
$750 / spring break
Click on a photo to enlarge and swipe through the gallery!